Install and lay pipe for sanitation sewers, water mains and storm drains.
Job Task – (Perform any combination of the following):
- Prep, align and position piping to prepare them for installation.
- Adjust grade, compact and level trench bases, using hand tools, tamps and rollers.
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths, using hand tools
- Connect piping pieces and seal joints, using mechanical fittings, gaskets, cement or glue.
- Measure and cut piping to required lengths as directed by supervisor.
- Check slopes and grade of piping to requirements using levels and grade rods.
- Follow verbal and written instructions according to plans and as directed by supervisor.
- Tap, cut and drill holes into piping systems to introduce auxiliary lines and devices.
- Communicate effectively using verbal and hand signals to supervisors and equipment operators.
- Locate existing piping and utilities.
- Assist in assembly and installing safety equipment such as trench boxes, shoring, and air monitoring devices.
- Moving and installing piping and equipment in safe manner, using slings, straps, chains and bindings.
Minimum Job Skills Required:
- Have some prior utility pipe installation experience.
- Physically fit and able to lift 75-100 lbs. regularly.
- Climb up and down ladders repeatedly for access into protected shored trenches.
- Effectively work in outdoor environment in heat and cold.
- Communicate and work cohesively with entire crew/team.
- Follow directions accurately given by supervisor. (verbal and hand signals)
- Read accurately, measuring tapes, levels and grade and slope.
- Operate hand tools such as shovels, rakes, picks, wheel barrow, wrenches.
- Always wear PPE while on job site (hard had, safety vest, hearing protection, eye protection)
- Operate small equipment safely such as pipe saws, impact drills, jack hammer, coring machine, tamps and walk behind rollers.
- Work in a safe manner following all safety rules and guidelines.
Supplemental insurance offerings
Company profit sharing plan
Paid holidays and vacation days
Safety and health training and certifications
We’re always searching for honest, hard-working people who take pride in their work. If you don’t see a specific job opening, we still welcome you to submit an application.