Laborer – Experienced/Skilled
Construction Laborer assisting crew with installation of underground utility piping.
Job Task – (Perform any combination of the following):
- Loading and unloading materials for the project at jobsite.
- Moving piping and equipment in safe manner, using slings, straps, chains and bindings.
- Fine grade trenches to desired or required depths, using hand tools
- Assist in connecting piping and sealing joints, using mechanical fittings, gaskets and clamps.
- Assist in assembly and installing safety equipment such as trench boxes, shoring, and air monitoring devices.
- Assist in job site clean up for appearance and safety
- Operate small equipment such as pipe saws, impact drills, jack hammer, tamps and rollers.
- Operate hand tools such as shovels, rakes, levels, tapes and wrenches.
- Follow verbal and written instructions accordingly as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Job Skills Required:
- 2+ years of underground pipe installation experience
- Physically fit and able to lift 50-75 lbs. frequently during the shift.
- Climb up and down ladders repeatedly for access into protected shored trenches.
- Effectively work in outdoor environment in heat and cold.
- Communicate and work cohesively with entire crew/team.
- Follow directions accurately given by supervisor. (verbal and hand signals)
- Work with concrete, sealants and fasteners in pipe construction.
- Always wear PPE while on job site (hard had, safety vest, hearing protection, eye protection)
- Work in a safe manner following all safety rules and guidelines.
Supplemental insurance offerings
Company profit sharing plan
Paid holidays and vacation days
Safety and health training and certifications
We’re always searching for honest, hard-working people who take pride in their work. If you don’t see a specific job opening, we still welcome you to submit an application.