Loader Equipment Operator
Skilled operation of mid to large size front end loaders and skid steers used in the construction and installation of large diameter piping for water mains, wastewater and storm drain systems.
Job Task – (Perform any combination of the following):
- Moving and installing piping and equipment in safe manner, using slings, straps, chains and bindings.
- Safely and effectively use equipment to move stone, soil and aggregates on jobsites.
- Assembly and installing safety equipment such as trench boxes and shoring.
- Loading and unloading materials (soil, rock, pipe and materials) from trucks and around jobsite.
- Communicate effectively using verbal and hand signals to supervisors and ground crew.
- Build slopes and grade for piping to the requirements as directed by supervisor.
- Follow verbal and written instructions according to plans and as directed by supervisor.
- Perform daily safety checks of the equipment, clean tracks and lube equipment at required intervals.
- Assist in all project task as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Job Skills Required:
- Have 3+ years of water, wastewater, storm drain equipment operator experience, skilled.
- Read plans and blueprints, effectively use lasers, levels and equipment to correct slope/grade.
- Physically fit and able to lift 50-75 lbs. regularly.
- Climb up and down ladders repeatedly for access into protected shored trenches.
- Be able to safely enter and exit large equipment frequently.
- Effectively work in outdoor environment in heat and cold.
- Communicate and work cohesively with entire crew/team.
- Follow directions accurately given by supervisor. (verbal and hand signals)
- Be able to correctly and efficiently join underground piping together by all common methods.
- Operate hand tools such as shovels, rakes, picks, spades, drills, wrenches.
- Always wear PPE while on job site (hard had, safety vest, hearing protection, eye protection)
- Work in a safe manner following all safety rules and company guidelines.
Supplemental insurance offerings
Company profit sharing plan
Paid holidays and vacation days
Safety and health training and certifications
We’re always searching for honest, hard-working people who take pride in their work. If you don’t see a specific job opening, we still welcome you to submit an application.